On 8/22/2012 8:57 AM, deepak chauhan wrote:
One question is disturbing me from a long time. Why Google invented DART, when GWT is already there?

Google has invented (and discarded) all sorts of things which overlap and are otherwise competitive. If this disturbs you, I'm afraid you are in for a disturbing future, as I doubt that they are going to stop now.

One reason I can see is that Google is planning to port DART in chrome browser and dreaming to support by all browser in future, which may not be feasible in case of Java based GWT.
Yes, well "dreaming" is the correct term here. According to the Dart wiki, currently you have to build your own version of Chrome to even test Dart, and that only runs on Snow Leopard and Linux.

All browsers *ALREADY* support Java GWT, because GWT compiles the browser side to Javascript, an interpretive language supported by all mainstream browsers including IE6-IE10, Chrome, Firefox, Opera etc.

But, don't you think that it will decrease the popularity of GWT and active activities on GWT?
No. Well, not until thousands of developers are successfully deploying Dart projects on all the available commercial browsers, and that is years away, if ever.

I am asking this, because I have to decide between GWT and DART in a project.
Well, if you want your project to be unusable by most people, then, by all means, use Dart! However, if you want your project to be able to deliver high-quality results to all available browsers, and your development efforts to be supported by an extensive and very active development community, then GWT may just be a better choice.

Alan

--
Deepak Chauhan....