On 8/22/2012 9:23 AM, Thomas Broyer wrote:

On Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:15:42 PM UTC+2, Alan Chaney wrote:

    According to the Dart
    wiki, currently you have to build your own version of Chrome to even
    test Dart, and that only runs on Snow Leopard and Linux.

I don't know where you looked at but the docs are OK http://www.dartlang.org/dartium/, Dartium binaries are available for Windows, Linux and Mac: http://www.dartlang.org/downloads.html

Yes, sorry, my mistake. I got the instructions from:

http://code.google.com/p/dart/wiki/BuildingDartium

"These are instructions to check out and build a modified version of Chromium that embeds the DartVM. We currently build on Mac OS X (Snow Leopard and XCode 3.2) and Linux."

However, my point is still valid. Support for Dart is in its infancy, and GWT is a mature and well-supported project.

Alan

    All browsers *ALREADY* support Java GWT, because GWT compiles the
    browser side to Javascript, an interpretive language supported by all
mainstream browsers including IE6-IE10, Chrome, Firefox, Opera etc.

All browsers *ALREADY* support Dart, because Dart compiles to JS too! http://www.dartlang.org/docs/dart2js/
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-web-toolkit/-/ITRX1L6HQyYJ.