Our project is about 35,000 lines of client and server code. We don't use
RPC or request factory because we have our own RPC mechanism. We do have
quite a lot of UI binder files. Super dev mode recompiles take between 6 to
8 seconds. So it sounds like the generators are your problem. For some
types of generators, they run every compile even if you haven't changed any
related code. They are aware of the issue and will be looking into it for a
future release.