On Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:53:37 AM UTC+1, Thomas Broyer wrote:

> SourceMaps could then be used by your IDE so you could put breakpoints in
> your editor window.

I can see the potential - it could be big. I do have a few doubts though:

1. Would this also allow me to inspect the internal state of objects from
within my IDE? (Is this even possible?)
2. What about super-sourced classes, which are - at least in Eclipse -
usually excluded from the build path to avoid error messages (that's
probably the smaller problem, as I imagine, that this could be taken care
of by the IDE plugins)

> Embedded browsers, even if using the exact same engine, don't behave like
> their "full blown" counterparts (IE, when embedded, has different rules for
> switching between IE5.5Quirks/IE7/IE8/etc. modes for instance)

I think, living with these differences in Dev Mode would be ok. The
situation was different back in Hosted Mode's time, because Super Dev Mode
was missing. I believe, that Dev Mode currently has some important use
cases, which Super Dev Mode can't cover (yet?) For these use cases, the
browser differences are often not that important.