Yeah, the email-collection page is obnoxious, though I suppose I
understand why it's there.  I should point out that mailinator.com is
made for exactly this situation.  You provide any address at
mailinator.com, then browse to http://mailinator.com to check messages
sent to that address with no signup or password check.  Messages stay
around for a short time, maybe 30-60 minutes.