I wanted to take a shot at this implementation using the previous answer
and Ed's comments:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9596807/converting-gwt-click-events-to-touch-events/13906134#13906134

Example with code:
http://gwt-fast-touch-press.appspot.com/

Not sure if I hit all the edge cases so if someone notices anything wrong,
please let me know

- Ashton