I have since updated the FastPressElement to fix some issues pointed out by
mark. I have also cleaned up some things. All the code is on Github.
Feedback from people needing this solution would be awesome.

I believe this will work very well in the situations that call for it.
(It's a huge difference once you start using it)

https://github.com/ashtonthomas/gwt-fast-touch-press

http://gwt-fast-touch-press.appspot.com/

- Ashton