You can actually use a CellWidgets and render any HTML content you like
(divs, spans,etc).  You are not bound to row/column like representations.
For example I used CellWidgets to create "information cards" (containing
some text and a picture and some links).
You can then drop the CellWidgets anywhere you like.

Or you can also implement your own CellTableBuilder to create your own
representations that doesn't rely on tables/td/trs