Posting David's comment (in blue) from Issue
1328<https://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=1328#c11>
:

[Issue marked as AssumedStale]

#9 (*David*)
Hey, why make this stale? When you are using IFrames in applications you
really need more events than GWT is offering.

#10 (*Thomas*)
... and yet, in almost 6 years:
  * only 9 people starred the issue
  * no one provided a patch
  * the issue hasn't been updated for years...
If you provide a patch, we'll gladly review it and update the issue status
accordingly.

#11 (*David*)
- The only bugs that reach 100+ votes are probably critical bugs.
- This particular bug was accepted, it would have taken a few hours to
implement.
- In the mean time I obviously already used JSNI to work around the issue,
as most people probably did. I am not allowed to contribute this by my
employer.
- But it is a maintenance problem in bigger projects because we need JSNI
tricks to be able to extend existing GWT widgets (the widget designs are
very restrictive). So we rather just replace them completely.
- In fact people who needed more advanced widgets went for GXT or some
other widget set and as a consequence it is normal that these kinds of bugs
don't get a lot of exposure. I have been exposed to about 10 large GWT
projects at multiple companies and none of them are using the core GWT
widgets due to a lack of features.