On Thursday, June 6, 2013 6:27:57 PM UTC+2, Amir Alavi wrote:

> ...so what was the answer to this guy's question?
>
> And a follow-up question: Making GWT more maintainable makes perfect
>> sense, so I understand the need to modularize GWT by externalizing several
>> components. *But*, does that also imply that the Steering Committee as a
>> whole would be effectively washing its hands of any responsibility to
>> externalized components?

In the short term, it's not a question of "externalizing" things, only
modularizing so you pick whatever you need in the classpath (the smaller
the classpath, the faster the scan done by the DevMode at each refresh, and
by the Compiler)
In the middle term, we want to have separate release lifecycles for a few
things, so they don't hold the release of "GWT proper".
In the long term, I think the Steering Committee *will* wash its hands of
any responsibility to externalized components (just like when deciding to
deprecate something). Those components will be completely externalized,
with their own maintainer(s) and release lifecycle.

I have the regret to say that one such component is RequestFactory: it
looks like I'm the only one dedicated to maintaining it.