You just need to "layer" GWT on top of the GAE/J "servlet/jsp" application by
including web pages that load the JS generated by the GWT compiler.

I.e. you build ONE app that does it all, with server code and GWT generated JS
all in one combined /war dir. You then debug locally on the devserver or deploy
to a GAE app id.

You develop GWT modules with client/shared/server code. Server code must be
servlet code with no GWT calls. Shared code must be pure Java. Client code uses
GWT jars and using the .get.XML module description files get compiled to JS in
your /war Dir. Then load the generated "loader"  for the JS code in an HTML
file you put in /war also.

There are GWT sample projects on App Engine you can follow.

I have tried using the GWT RPCs from Android code and it works but is tricky
and unduly couples your API for the mobile app to GWT. So I suggest you develop
a core set of server API calls that you can call from (thin) GWT RPC services
and an XML/JSON API you expose to your mobile apps (if you decide not to use
endpoints).

I will dig out a presentation I did on out experiences (SlideShare) and post a
link....but you can find many tutorials and sample code.