No worries. I mean one server wepapp (GAE plus GWT) that exposes an API to your
Android app. You might want to chose JSON for API format and use gson library
in GAE and Android projects.

The Google Cloud Platform Mobile Backends Starter Project might be a good
learning ground as it generates GAE and Android projects for you.

See my post at
http://devcon5.blogspot.com.es/2013/12/google-cloud-platform-mobile-backends.html

If you structure by our code just right, you can have one Pure Java SHARED
project (eclipse, would be a module in IntelliJ or maven) that is used by main
Android app project and by GAE/GWT webapp project.....but maybe not worthy your
effort. It can have common model objects....but you might want to JDO annotate
on GAE and not on Android - that will break Android compile.... :-(

If you dont use Endpoints or some other library to help you create  REST API
then in your GAE project you will have to implement API using servlets mapped
to paths (in web.XML) that your Android client uses.