On 28 July 2010 12:22, Gilles Martin <gilles.mar...@psi.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now that I have recover my gpxe script thanks to Josh, I can test the
> latest version of GPXE...
>
> My test environment is like that:
>
> * Virtualbox 3.2.6 with ethernet adapter PCNET-Fast III (Am79C973)
> * First PXE boot to a classical PXE server
> * Then load a GPXE lkrn image made at the Rom-o-matic website.
>
> This is working well with GPXE-1.0.0 with all drivers or only PCNET32
> driver.
>
> This is not working with GPXE-1.0.1:
>
> With all drivers it get stuck just after "GPXE initializing devices..."

Not sure what could cause that.

> With only PCNET32, it doesn't detect the interface with "ifopen net0".

That's most likely caused by a bug in probe which is already fixed in
master [1]. We really need to release 1.0.2. In the meantime i would
suggest building from master or 1.0.1 + cherry-pick that commit.

[1] -
http://git.etherboot.org/?p=gpxe.git;a=commitdiff;h=c7b719f61cfd2cc73f9779f5675b0b663db7570b

--
Best Regards