Hi,

Plug the hard drive to a linux computer, partition it, format it fat32, and
install syslinux on it "syslinux /dev/sdX", then create a syslinux.cfg text
file in the root with "default gpxe.krn".
Extract gpxe.krn from gpxe.iso using 7z "7z x gpxe.iso GPXE.KRN" and copy
it to the root of the hard drive.  Make sure the partition you create is
marked active and the syslinux
mbr is written "dd if=/usr/lib/syslinux/mbr.bin of=/dev/sdX".

Good luck!
Quinn

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Pierre AUSSAGUEL <pierre_aussag...@yahoo.fr
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to setup my old laptop (DELL Inspiron 3000 M166ST :
> http://support.dell.com/**support/edocs/SYSTEMS/ptwist/**specs.htm<http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/SYSTEMS/ptwist/specs.htm>)
>  to use etherboot (It will be a thin client).
>
> The floppy drive and the CD-Rom drive are broken
> The USB port does not allow to boot
>
> I can access to the hard drive disk with a usb_to_ide adapter and mount it
> on my main computer (Gentoo linux)
>
> I have a 3 Com PC-CARD 3CXFE574BT ethernet adapter that works well under
> Linux
>
> I have tried to write some images generated by ROM-o-matic.net (.dsk .sdsk
> .iso .liso .usb ) using cat image > hdd but none seems to boot
>
> How can  do ?

Best regards/Med venlig hilsen,
Quinn Plattel