PCMCIA will never work until somebody develops code for it - there is just
no support at all right now in GPXE for that - not even for USB network
devices - believe me, I have tried.

I think you will be better off using PLOP Boot Manager - it lets you boot
from USB devices on old PC's - even through PCMCIA USB cards.

Quinn

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM, Pierre AUSSAGUEL <pierre_aussag...@yahoo.fr
> wrote:

> I finally managed to boot my laptop with gPXE 1.0.1
>
> I tried many different things, and I thank those who answered me.
>
> What worked was :
> 1/ install debian in a chroot (by plugging the hdd to my gentoo box via USB
> 2/ install lilo (grub wouldn't boot)
> 3/ use lilo to boot the lkrn image
>
> Anyway my work is not over ... I have to figure how to make gPXE recognize
> my PCMCIA (non pxe capable of course) and boot over the network using it.
>
> I'll investigate by myself, and if I don't succeed I know where to ask for
> help.

Best regards/Med venlig hilsen,
Quinn Plattel