On Jul 6, 2008, at 9:05 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

On Jul 6, 2008, at 6:58 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

Here is the location of the native OGL (called AGL on Mac).

/System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/Versions/A/Headers/gl.h

Which is a symlink to /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.frameworks/ Headers/gl.h. Which is what you get when you configure with --with- opengl=aqua.

Which spits out a bunch cpp errors in the Carbon includes, from the AGL include. More than I can wrap my brain around at the moment, but it looks like we need to work on this.

Learned a new trick today (probably standard stuff for the programming gurus) - I added -E to the compile flags and found that an unexpected macro was substituted for a buried Carbon struct:

typedef struct CMFixedXYZColor {
  Fixed               X;
  Fixed               Y;
  Fixed               Z;
} CMFixedXYZColor;

which came out as:

typedef struct CMFixedXYZColor {
  Fixed 0;
  Fixed 1;
  Fixed 2;
} CMFixedXYZColor;

It appears X, Y and Z (all caps, that is) are defined in gstypes.h in GRASS. I was able to fix the problem by moving the lines in nviz.h:

#include <grass/gsurf.h>
#include <grass/gstypes.h>

to *after* the GL includes.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy