On Mar 30, 2009, at 4:57 PM, Martin Landa wrote:

Is GEOS support really using the C++ API? geos-config --libs only returns
the C++ linking info.

No, C API.

Then add -lgeos_c the GEOS_LIBS? Though you might want an extra check to verify libgeos_c exists.

Maybe this is where Michael is having problems.

Searching the rest of the source, I don't see GEOS used, yet, so there
should be no problems compiling --without-geos.  Is this yet to come?

lib/vector/Vlib/geos.c
vector/v.select/geos.c

Strange, my text search for GEOSLIBS and GEOSCLFAGS didn't turn up anything (except in configure where I looked with my eyes), yet I see them in platform.make.in, grass.make and vlib/makefile. Must have had a filter on.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy