Finally got some time to actually try it. Error in python vdigit - it's looking for geos_c.h, from Vect.h.

For the linking, it works on OSX as is, but only because I include both C++ and C APIs (libgeos and libgeos_c) in the same binary in the GEOS framework. On other platforms, libgeos_c is probably necessary.