On 01/09/11 19:55, Markus Neteler wrote:
On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Markus Metz
v.rast.stats does not scale at all, for e.g. 10000 areas it is
completely useless whereas v.rast.stats2 is 10000x faster, e.g. 20 sec
vs 55 hours. That's the reason for the existence of v.rast.stats2
making use of zonal statistics in r.univar, it's meant to be a
replacement, not something new. More details in the ML archives.

+1 for update.

For whatever its worth: +1 from me, too.

I hardly dare propose using v.rast.stats to students in its current state, unless they are working on really small numbers of areas, and I consider this functionality to be such a basic function of a GIS that I really would like to see it work.

Moritz