On Jan 29, 2015 9:47 AM, "Moritz Lennert" <mlenn...@club.worldonline.be>
wrote:

> On 28/01/15 19:59, Vaclav Petras wrote:
> On 22/01/15 05:29, Vaclav Petras wrote:> A "Skip" button can be added
next to Start button, once implemented. I

> > think that XY location in /tmp/grassdata would be appropriate.
>
> I'm very strongly opposed to this idea.

I fully agree: xy is a very bad idea.
Also, let's use the home and not /tmp which is on modern systems a tmpfs
directory which is in RAM only and not reboot safe.

> You can be sure that many people will abuse this horribly without knowing
what they are doing.

Exactly.

> In my eyes, GRASS should continue to impose a choice of projection system
before working with data.

> If we want to give people the opportunity to test GRASS, I prefer the
option of a button that downloads and unpacks a very light demo location.

Yes. The winGRASS  installer does that already reasonably. Or, as
suggested, launch latlong rather than xy etc.

Markus