On 16/05/20 18:08, Vaclav Petras wrote:

    <mailto:robert.lagace...@gmail.com>>> wrote:

     >     Le 20-05-14 à 16 h 51, Vaclav Petras a écrit :
     >>
     >>     * A demo location with some minimal data should be part of the
     >>     installation and copied to some default palace for the
    first-time
     >>     user.
     >     I like very much this one. For specific case or region, we
    can just
     >     ask the user to replace those minimal data with a specific
    data set
     >     before starting.
     >

     > Yes, but even now you can something better than that in 7.6 and
    7.8. See
     > my previous response. GRASS GIS tries to guess where is your
    grassdata
     > directory. It needs to be named that way ("grassdata") and it
    needs to
     > be in your home directory or in your Documents directory. (It should
     > work regardless of locale at least on Linux and Windows. From the
     > comments in the code [1], it seems I didn't study macOS when I
     > implemented that, but I would expected that to work.) Let us know if
     > this works for you. (Does it behave this way and is it what you are
     > looking for?)

    Any reason you only look for grassdata in lower case ? I might be old
    fashioned, but personnally I generally follow the idea of lowercase =
    file, uppercase = directory. Why not check for grassdata regardless of
    case, i.e. also accepting GRASSDATA or Grassdata or GRASSData?

Sound good. Just open an issue to discuss the details.

https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/644

Moritz