On 03/06/16 15:40, Vaclav Petras wrote:

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 8:02 AM, Moritz Lennert
<mlenn...@club.worldonline.be <mailto:mlenn...@club.worldonline.be>> wrote:

    - Elections are announced on grass-dev and grass-user with a clear
    definition of procedure:
    Â  Â  Â  Â  - Anyone (or anyone with voting right ?) can nominate
    someone during a period of a few (4?) weeks
    Â  Â  Â  Â  - Possibly: those who are already in the PSC and stand
    for elections again do not need a nomination / can nominate themselves ?

Do we allow anyone (i.e. even not having voting right) to be nominated?
(I think we should.)

I would say no. IMHO, only charter members should be able to become members of the PSC.

And should you ask the person privately before nominating? (I think
that's the usual procedure.)

That's already part of Markus' text in the wiki:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Election2016#Proposals

Moritz