Maybe this information can help you to solve the problem...

On my computer Mint 9 (Ubuntu 9.10) Grass 6.4rc5-2 is working well with GDAL 1.6.3-2-Karmik1.

Leo

Hamish escribió:
Kim wrote:
ok Now it's working
but I got another ERROR and I guess this one has nothing to
do with WXpython.
An error windows stating

ERROR in command
execution g.region
Unable to get current geographic extent. Force quiting wxGUI.
Please run manually g.region to fix the problem.

When I press ok the window and GUI closes and it get back to
TERMINAL.

Any tips of what is
happening?

can you start up in text mode ('grass64 -text', then esc-enter)
and run 'g.region -p' from the command line?

(typically this error means a mis-match in the GDAL install
version, but you have to run g.region from the command line
to see the real error message & find out. [devs: why can't the
GUI propgate the g.region error message for us?])

Hamish