Looks like simply enabling this is not enough, are there default keys and
certificates or do I need my own?

rest_enable_tls = true

Enabling that and
web_enable_tls = true

kinda works, I am able to reach the web interface via https but cannot log
in. Checking my console with chrome I see:

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://edgar.ict-consult.co.za:9000/' was
loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure XMLHttpRequest endpoint
'http://edgar.ict-consult.co.za:12900/system/sessions'. This request has
been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.