Hi Joshua,

Hardware requirements:
It is obviously very difficult to give you exact numbers. The requirements
for 300 syslog messages vs 300 multi-line logs where one extracts 50 key
value pairs per entry will have different requirements. That said, 300
messages is trivial and you can get away with very low resources, at a
guess I'd say 1 or 2 cores and 4-8Gb ram will be more than adequate, again,
depending on what you are sending it.

Configs are actually fairly straight-forward. Most GrayLog config has moved
to Mongo, so you only _really_ need to worry about server.conf file in
/etc/graylog/server.
Keep in mind that Mongo and Elasticsearch is used by Graylog, but not
included, so their configs are managed separately.

If you have more specific questions around the config, that might help as
well.

Apart from that, if you are using puppet, the manifest they provide is
really good and does everything for you!

You mention you've hit a roadblock - are you struggling to get the system
running, is it running slow? Might help to let us know a bit more detail on
what is keeping you from moving forward?

Cheers