This is the answer I needed, thank you.  I used those images fully thinking
they were just base installs of all of the modules required (mongo,
elastisearch, nginx), I didn't know functionality was removed to reduce
complexity.  Looks like I'll be setting up a custom installation then so I
can reconfigure things.

Thank you!