Dear Rohit and others,

Suppose if Cocacola stop the production of coke and enter in to
organic farming. What would be our reaction? Are we fighting against
'coke' as a product? Or are we fighting against the company for their
particular set of policies? If the second is the case, one can even
have alliance with people who work with cola company.

Now about extreme situations as Rohit said, I know many activists
friends who drink the cola only with old monk rum. Now if it is about
health, do we believe that the whisky and brandy we buy from the shops
are really good for health? We are not even getting good spirit. So
the issue is not of health, but of the particular brand.

I have a hate and love relationship with cocacola. I drink it at
times, and I am no more keeping it in the closet. Will I be eligible
to protest against the company's dealing with the Plachimada people or
in Varanasi? I say yes. I am not against the particular chemical
components of the product, I like it as I like old monk or arrack. But
I oppose the company and stand with the demand of the people of
Plachimada.

Now coming back to what Salim said , of course it would be offensive
if I go and drink cola in front of the Samarapanthal. If I do I may
get manhandled also. Remember the cases in Kerala where CPI(M)
destroyed the bottles of coca-cola of non CPI(M) local  shop owners.
What I am cautioning is that cola is poisonous is a crap which I dont
believe. I donot oppose it because of that, I oppose Cocacola for what
they did in Plachimada. To oppose the company I dont want to convert
myself in to an organic food eater, or a naturopathy person.

Similarly I, or some one in the anti coca-cola struggle will not be
against genetic products. Now if some one see it as a contradiction, I
would say no. It is not a contradiction. For various reasons, people
can oppose some thing.

Ramasethu was opposed by the BJP. Does it make the issue
'untouchable'? Yes, it made few people to at least discuss on getting
branded as right wing, if they oppose it.