On Fri, 25 May 2007, Ignacio Diaz-Emparanza wrote:

> I would like to add two small things to gretl's "wishes list":
>
> 1- Add a new command "rates" and a new item  to the
> "Add" menu (for time series), which computes Y/Y(-1)-1. May be the dialog
> should allow for the logarithmic rate log(Y)-log(Y(-1)), and for different
> lag values Y/Y(k)-1 and log(Y)-log(Y(k)). (Eviews has this command)

Log differences are there already (5th entry in the "Add" menu). As for
"rates", yes, that's something I wouldn't mind.

> 2- I think it would be interesting that gretl automatically read, if it
> exists,  a user-defined text file at startup (for example "userfunc.inp" ).
> So the user may put there the functions he uses most frequently, and they may
> be ready without having to use "include userfunc.inp". (R may use this type
> of file, I think it is named Rprofile)

This is an excellent idea. In fact, this could contain all sorts of user
customisations, like the ".emacs" file for, well, Emacs.

Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti
Dipartimento di Economia
Università Politecnica delle Marche

r.lucchetti(a)univpm.it