I would like to add two small things to gretl's "wishes list":

1- Add a new command "rates" and a new item  to the
"Add" menu (for time series), which computes Y/Y(-1)-1. May be the dialog
should allow for the logarithmic rate log(Y)-log(Y(-1)), and for different
lag values Y/Y(k)-1 and log(Y)-log(Y(k)). (Eviews has this command)

2- I think it would be interesting that gretl automatically read, if it
exists,  a user-defined text file at startup (for example "userfunc.inp" ).
So the user may put there the functions he uses most frequently, and they may
be ready without having to use "include userfunc.inp". (R may use this type
of file, I think it is named Rprofile)

--
Ignacio Diaz-Emparanza
DEPARTAMENTO DE ECONOMÍA APLICADA III (ECONOMETRÍA Y ESTADÍSTICA)

UPV/EHU
Avda. Lehendakari Aguirre, 83 | 48015 BILBAO
T.: +34 946013732 | F.: +34 946013754
www.et.bs.ehu.es