Dear all,

I tested the User-defined functions and found some potential errors.
For example, my function is:

<script>
function test (series y, int order[0:2:1], string option[null])
  if option="nc"
    printf "%s\n","empty"
  else
    printf "%s\n","no options"
  end if
end function
</script>

the argument, string option[null], above should indicate that the
"option" string should be optional.

After normally processing it as a package, I execute this function via
GUI (the same via command line). If I choose the default "null" as
automatically specified by gretl, I got an error:

"The symbol 'otion' is undefined... error evaluating 'if' "

If I type any other strings, it works as normal.
If I give no string at all in the text box, gretl tells me:

"Argument 3 (option) is missing"

I also test it in the command-line console, for example,

? test(djclose,1,"nc")
empty

? test(djclose,1)
The symbol 'option' is undefined