El 30/09/15 a las 17:55, Raul Gimeno escribió:
> Thank you Ignacio for your answer.
>
> Would it be possible to modify your program such that the initial values
> correspond either to a fixed value given manually or correspond to the OLS
> estimation of the parameters for the whole times series or for half of it as
> it is usually the case.
Not all these cases. The first one requires  a scalar parameter in the
function and the last two require an integer calling a different
function for each option.
A parameter cannot be a scalar and an integer simultaneouly. May be I
could manage it with two parameters but I have done it some times I
don't like the result very much
(see for example second and third parameters in GHegy package). Probably
we need a way that a package can call a sub-dialog box ... (I leave it
in the air)

> Would it be possible to include both the additive and multiplicative models?
> Would you agree to integrate your program within the Gretl menu under
> "Variables/Filters". I don't see the point of having a separate program for
> it.
Probably yes and yes. The reason is that this function is very old (I
think it is previous to the existence of "packages") and probably needs
a complete update. I have been only adding patches.

> Would it be possible to expand your help explanations to allow a "simple
> user" to understand better how it works, especially what to do if you do not
> want a seasonality parameter.
Yes.
> Is there a possibility to write the variables in your help with subscripts
> instead of underscores to increase the readability of the equations?
> Thank you for your help
> Raul Gimeno

No. The package editor uses plain ASCII text, there is no possibility of
subscripts (I think). But in last versions of gretl we have the
possibility of adding a help document via a pdf file (see package
'almonreg') I will try to write the help in Latex and generate a pdf file.
Thank you for the comments.

--
Ignacio Díaz-Emparanza
Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística)