> Am 04.11.2020 um 21:43 schrieb Petru Calenici:
>
> OK thanks. The cURL error would be expected when offline. About the
> language: What's the left-most menu called? Previously you mentioned the
> menu path "File...", so if you're seeing that in English, you're
> running
> it in English.
>
> In a gretl console (or as a one-liner script), what does "eval $dotdir"
> give as output?
>
> Are you accessing the internet through a proxy server?
>
> I'm just collecting all sorts of context information, I don't have a
> particular suspicion what might cause this, sorry.
>
> cheers
> sven
The language I'm running Gretl in at the moment is Italian, but I tried using
it in English too and nothing changed. I think that I'm not accessing the
internet through a proxy server because in Network Preferences there is only
the database server name and nothing is indicated in HTTP proxy field.
The output of "eval $dotdir" is C:\Users\petru\AppData\Roaming\gretl.