On Thu, 5 Nov 2020, Petru Calenici wrote:

The language I'm running Gretl in at the moment is Italian, but I tried using it in English too and nothing changed. I think that I'm not accessing the internet through a proxy server because in Network Preferences there is only the database server name and nothing is indicated in HTTP proxy field.

The output of "eval $dotdir" is C:\Users\petru\AppData\Roaming\gretl.

This is probably a useless check, but you never know. Could you please try installing the current snapshot instead of the 2020d version and see if the problem still persists? Thanks.

You can get the snapshot version from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gretl/files/snapshots/gretl_install-64.exe/download

  Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti
  Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali (DiSES)

  Università Politecnica delle Marche
  (formerly known as Università di Ancona)

  r.lucche...@univpm.it
  http://www2.econ.univpm.it/servizi/hpp/lucchetti