On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 3:39 AM, Atila Petrosian
<atila.petros...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Justin
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> After energy minimization, all carbon atoms are in true position,
> inside box but again, both ends of cnt were deformed, same problem I
> had before I add bond length to the length of CNT in z dimension of box.
>
> You mentioned " possibly poor input geometry ". Please tell me how to
> obtain better input geometry.

Well, you haven't said how you're building the CNT, so there's nothing I
can suggest.  It was just sort of a random guess, anyway - initial
coordinates being bad (for whatever reason) is one common source of
instability.

> I confused. How to solve this problems?

It's also possible that your force field is bad or that the box is still
incorrectly sized, depending on the geometry of the CNT.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences