>> He he, childish :)
>
> David, no offense intended. I just think that when applied to solids, the
entire concept of what works so well for biomolecular systems becomes a bit
of a joke. And vice versa, to be fair. Spoken from experience, really -- we
here used Gromacs to simulate things that I keep telling people not to
simulate with Gromacs, and it got published!. :)

In any case, I second what was said above re: # of exclusions. Solid-state
potentials use smooth drop-offs to exclude long-range interactions between
close neighbor sharing elements, so looking into David's suggestion may in
fact fix the issues immediately.

Alex