On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 08:51:40PM +0000, Thomas King wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> we submitted this document in order to unify and simplify triggering
> blackholing at IXPs. We propose to define a well-known BGP community for this.
>
> Any feedback is highly appreciated.

I'm generally supportive of this draft.  The Security Considerations cover
the majority of the issues this standardized blackhole community introduces.

I would suggest one additional consideration be added: Since the presence of
this community may otherwise bypass prefix-limit checks, the presence of
this community may allow for a resource exhaustion attack by shorter than
usual prefixes.

It would be good to see an example of integration of this feature with some
IXP's filtering mechanism, e.g. IRR database.

-- Jeff