On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 05:12:52PM +0000, Smith, Donald wrote:
> I don't see anything around MD5/TCPAO authentication.
>
> >From https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6198
>
> " Security considerations MUST be addressed by the proposed solutions.
>   In particular, they SHOULD address the issues of bogus g-shut
>   messages and how they would affect the network(s), as well as the
>   impact of hiding a g-shut message so that g-shut is not performed."
>
> I may have missed it somewhere?

I have trouble parsing this requirements text.

What makes a "bogus g-shut" a "bogus g-shut"?

How is 'hiding' (I interpret this as 'removing the gshut community) a
g-shut any different than the other BGP speaker not supporting g-shut?

How is any of this different than NO_EXPORT or NO_ADVERTISE?

Kind regards,

Job