if (initial_ttl!=255) then (rfc5082_compliant==0)
donald.sm...@centurylink.com

Since in theory you could do this blindly (tcp slipping in the window), I would
remove the MITM and say by "unauthorized 3rd parties" or something like that.

Otherwise this is better than putting all the other security recommendations
from other rfcs [4271, 4272] so I support referencing them instead.

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential
or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly
error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
copies of the communication and any attachments.