> [RJS] What if eBGP goes down while BFD stays up, for whatever reason? IMO
> tracking BGP session state is correct think to do.

Not a problem :)  Add as many as you like additional tracking rules.

Example:

event syslog pattern “.*%BGP-5-ADJCHANGE:neighbor x.x.x.x DOWN”

[RJS] It is matter of opinion. I see drawback of “READ_ONLY” – it delays
> propagation of (potentially) large data set à make entire BGP convergence
> slower. W/ technique described in draft I propagate large data set ASAP but
> prevent other speaker from use it, until ANH become active in IGP.

The main point of READ_ONLY mode is to reduce control plane churn when
paths learned first would not keep the "best path" status upon other peers
coming up and bringing better paths on the given ASBR.

Besides it matters only during the initial session bring-up. As you have
many peers giving you similar set of routes anyway it really does not
affect your reachability at all.

Thx,
R.