Hi,

Prefix-limit is a feature which was originally invented to save BGP table
size in the cases of L3VPN such that any VPN site with dynamic routing
protocol could not overflow control plane capacity of PE it is attached to.

A bit later it has been extended to cover also BGP sessions not related to
VPNs/VRFs.

As such the prefix limit behavior is an independent vendor choice on how to
implement it. For example there can be a knob not to reset the session at
all but just log warning. There can be a knob to auto restart the session
etc .... To the best of my knowledge there is no spec defining what prefix
limit inbound or outbound (if we ever get there) should do.

Job had a presentation during last GROW meeting on that.

Here the draft from Keyur only defines the ORF mechanism on how to
communicate such limit between peers. It really does not define how the
prefix limit should be handled by either side.

Maybe we need new document to specify it provided vendor would agree to
adjust their current zoo of implementations ....

Kind regards,
R.