Hi Shunwan,

Inline:

On 12 Jul 2019, at 03:32, Zhuangshunwan
<zhuangshun...@huawei.com<mailto:zhuangshun...@huawei.com>> wrote:

[ .. ]

[Shunwan2] I read draft-lucente-bmp-tlv-00 and find that section 4.2 of it says:
“
4.2.  TLV data in Route Monitoring

   The Route Monitoring message type is defined in Section 4.6
   [RFC7854].  The BGP Update PDU Section 4.3 [RFC4271] MAY be followed
   by TLV data.  This document defines the following new codes to help
   stateless parsing of BGP Update PDUs:

   o  Type = TBD1: the BGP Update PDU is encoded with support for
      4-octet AS number capability RFC 6793 [RFC6793], value MUST be
      boolean.

   o  Type = TBD2: the BGP Update PDU is encoded with ADD-PATH
      capability RFC 7911 [RFC7911], value MUST be boolean.

   o  Type = TBD3: the BGP Update PDU is encoded with Multiple Labels
      capability RFC 8277 [RFC8277], value MUST be boolean.
”
If I understand correctly, when we need to convey multiple paths from BMP
Client to BMP Server, the BGP Update PDU should support BGP Add-Path [RFC7911] .

You are entirely right. In draft-cppy-grow-bmp-path-marking-tlv there is no
mention of the add-path tlv, as defined in draft-lucente-(grow)-bmp-tlv, in
case the BGP UPDATE PDU features add-path in order to carry multiple paths from
a BMP client to a BMP server. A clear case in which the two works are not in
complete sync; i will take care of update draft-cppy-grow-bmp-path-marking-tlv
mentioning this.

Paolo