Hello Robert,

  I really like the way you describe the situation. And this one is a
very important phrase:

"What is bad for Internet is propagating those more specific routes
beyond the point that they make any difference any longer. "

  I recognize that your draft if more complicated than what I expected
(sorry, my fault), but anyhow at the beginning I though: "this is so
true: after the AS_PATH reaches length X or more, then it does not look
necessary to propagate more specific routes". I might be wrong but I can
not think in any single situation.

  Hope your draft move forward.

Alejandro,