All,

Happy to see this draft ! Have been struggling with explaining some of
those issues and lack of such BCPs was sort of implicit prove that it is
all fine to prepend at will.

Said this it seems clear that putting aside cases of unnecessary use or use
by errors AS-PATH prepends we are still facing no Internet wide path
de-prefernecing in BGP being commonly used other then mangling AS-PATH.

The point is that multihoming is common and if someone needs at least to
try to influence entrance to his domain AS-PATH prepend comes as low
hanging fruit.

Longer prefix will not work when on both ASBRs a /24 is injected.

So let me ask a question here ...

Have anyone tried to document that instead of doing AS-PATH prepend across
set of upstreams (for whatever valid reason that may be) the
preferred entrance should advertise the paths with IGP or EGP origin while
the other ASBRs (which would otherwise prepend N times) with INCOMPLETE ?
BGP best path should automatically across most implementations do the
right path selection.

Anyone see any issue with that ? If that works we could actually start to
strongly discourage use of AS-PATH prepending.

If not maybe we should think about a new attribute along the lines of cost
community to be more widely used in a transitive manner and to have single
meaning to allow to deprefer a prefix originated by given AS across number
of ISP uplinks with a numeric value (just like MED or Local Pref are used
locally).

Another question the draft talks about AS-PATH prepends by actual sources
.... well suffice to just take a look at Internet tables in few places to
see that even some transit operators prepend themselves to the original
paths (also already prepended). And yes I do have captures of those.

Thx,
R.