From: GROW [mailto:grow-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Tim Evens (tievens)
Sent: Saturday, May 1, 2021 6:00 AM
To: grow@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-grow-bmp-local-...@ietf.org; grow-cha...@ietf.org; The IESG
<i...@ietf.org>
Subject: [GROW] draft-ietf-grow-bmp-local-rib-11 Peer Flags IANA Conflict
Resolution

There is a conflict between the IANA registry
https://www.iana.org/assignments/bmp-parameters/bmp-parameters.xhtml#peer-flags
and https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-grow-bmp-local-rib-10#section-4.2.
Originally, we defined that flag 0 would indicate the F flag but IANA put this
as flag 4 under the existing peer flags registry.

Does anyone know if any implementation exists today expecting flag 0? If so, is
it a significant problem if we changed it to flag 4 to be consistent with IANA
draft assignment?  We are still requesting a new registry "BMP Peer Flags for
Loc-RIB Instance Peer Type 3."   This registry will start off with flag 4 being
assigned as the F flag.
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-grow-bmp-local-rib-11#section-8.2
describes this request.

Thanks,