Timestamp is another item we need to clarify in 7854bis. Some BMP senders send
timestamps based on the actual received BGP update.  This may be days, weeks,
etc. old from the time that the message is sent to BMP receiver. It has been a
bit confusing for people to see timestamps that are old when they just received
a RIB dump. OpenBMP/PSQL maintains two timestamps, one is the DB insert time
and the other is the BMP received timestamp.  For folks that are working with
time series DBs to track/insert/maintain records using time, they may drop
messages because they believe they are too old when in fact they are new.
Basically, for those that are using timeseries DBs, they may have to use a new
BMP received timestamp instead of the BMP header timestamp.

Thanks,
Tim