No, the notification originate from Growl.  Growl seems to remove its
notifications from the Notification center after 2 minutes.

I found a workaround.  On the remote computer, I created an Applescript and
added it as a ScriptAction for the app and also set it's display style to
none.  The script takes the content of the growl notification and re-posts
it to the Notification center.  Now the notification "sticks" in the
notification center.