Otavio Salvador wrote:
> "Yoshinori K. Okuji" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Ok, now about the git. As Tomáš pointed out, the lack of portability is
>> regression from CVS. If you think, for example, grub4dos is important, why
>> can you choose git?
>
> Agree on that too.
>
> It's not that bad[1] and users can use git with cygwin or via git-cvspserver.
>
> 1. http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/WindowsInstall

Just leave cygwin out of the box... thank you!

cygwin is one of the worst pieces of software that just does not work
correctly. In my point-of-view portability means that you can use
software natively on some platform and it does not include installing
emulators or such to run software (like cygwin, wine).