I checked coreboot where in the memory it is mapped and it seems to be on
PCIE. Relevant code from coreboot. So I am hopeful that patch will work.
---------
uintptr_t uart_platform_base(int idx)
{
u8      *pcie;
u32      tmp;
idx  = idx & 3;
pcie = (u8 *)PCIE_MMIO(0, PCH_DEV_SLOT_UART, idx, 0);
tmp  = read32 (pcie + PCI_BASE_ADDRESS_0);
if (tmp == 0xFFFFFFFF) {
/* the device might be hidden */
return LPSS_UART_BASE_ADDRESS;
} else {
return (uintptr_t) (tmp & 0xFFFFFFF0);
}
}
---------

 I applied the patches and run make clean followed by make but build failed
as follows
cat syminfo.lst | sort | gawk -f ./genmoddep.awk > moddep.lst || (rm -f
moddep.lst; exit 1)
grub_ns8250_pci_mmio_init in serial is not defined
make[3]: *** [moddep.lst] Error 1