Hi,

Maximilian Stendler wrote:
> to keep the host installation clean, I would probably use a container.

Yes, a virtual machine came to my mind. Easy to clone and to dispose.
But there must be some better way to test a utility built from git
independenly of systemwide directories.

Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
> Set pkgdatadir environment variable

Ahum ...
  rm /usr/local/share/grub
  pkgdatadir=. ./grub-mkrescue -o /dvdbuffer/test.iso
yields indeed an ISO with EFI boot equipment.

But what to do about /usr/local/lib/grub ?
I found option -d meanwhile. After some forth and back i came to

  pkgdatadir=. ./grub-mkrescue -o /dvdbuffer/test.iso -d ./grub-core

which to my surprise creates an ISO with boot equipment for legacy BIOS:

  $ xorriso -indev /dvdbuffer/test.iso -report_el_torito plain
-report_system_area plain
  El Torito images   :   N  Pltf  B   Emul  Ld_seg  Hdpt  Ldsiz         LBA
  El Torito boot img :   1  BIOS  y   none  0x0000  0x00      4        1397
  El Torito img path :   1  /boot/grub/i386-pc/eltorito.img
  El Torito img opts :   1  boot-info-table grub2-boot-info
  System area summary: MBR protective-msdos-label grub2-mbr cyl-align-off
  MBR partition table:   N Status  Type        Start       Blocks
  MBR partition      :   1   0x80  0xcd            1        13783

While i used the Debian system directories it was EFI:

  El Torito images   :   N  Pltf  B   Emul  Ld_seg  Hdpt  Ldsiz         LBA
  El Torito boot img :   1  UEFI  y   none  0x0000  0x00   5760          52
  El Torito img path :   1  /efi.img
  System area summary: MBR protective-msdos-label cyl-align-off GPT APM
  MBR partition table:   N Status  Type        Start       Blocks
  MBR partition      :   1   0x00  0xee            1        18015
  ... and a GPT and an Apple Partition Map for HFS+ ...

So i will start a new thread with the question:
  How do i convince the git clone to produce programs and ISO for 64 bit
  EFI.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas