More notes:
1) Tiddlyspace system tiddlers: To access Tiddlyspace system tiddlers
in sidebar, you need to ensure your sidebar somewhere includes
<<tiddler Backstage##Tiddlers>>

2) Public/Private selection disappearance: The EditTemplate of
TiddlySpace tiddlywiki has a Public/Private selection which disappears
on mGSD tiddlers import. This means your new tiddlers are defaulted to
Public. This appears also to be the case with http://mamagsd.tiddlyspace.com
mentioned above. This is a critical issue for using mGSD in
TiddlySpace as you need control of new tiddlers being Private if you
wish.

There is capacity to access the centre tiddlyspace drop down menu from
top TiddlySpace backstage toolbar and use the tweaks tab to set
default to private. Except that does not seem to stop new tiddlers
being public for me. The ToggleTiddlerPrivacyPlugin allows you to set
the privacy of new tiddlers and external tiddlers within an
EditTemplate, and allows you to set the default privacy setting. And
the TiddlySpaceTiddlerIconsPlugin shows the origin of the tiddler it
is being run on. In TiddlySpace terms this means it will determine
whether the tiddler is external, public or private. Each appear to
have related code persisting in the EditTemplate and ViewTemplate
which at first look do not appear to be editable or overwritten by
same named tiddler imports.

So the Public/Private selection disappearance may be caused by other
imported tiddler over-rides of TiddlySpace theme tiddlers. Nothing
obvious found in my Stylesheet or my MonkeyGTDTheme tiddlers. Note the
MonkeyGTDTheme tiddler does not itself have code for the EditTemplate
to cause an override of the TiddlySpace EditTemplate.

I feel I need someone with better understanding of theme construction
to help point me somewhere in theme tiddlers to track this down.